Thursday, December 3, 2009

Comes to the Light...Everything

I just love how there's probably a song for almost everything. I was listening to a song the other day and oh how I can relate to it today! Jill Scott's "Comes to the Light (Everything)" pretty much sums it up!

Why do people lie? Why do people cheat? My girl Jill was right, and the old saying is true: "What happens in the dark will come to light".

Eventually.

It may be sooner than later, or vice versa.

Take Tiger Woods for example. As I write this blog, I observe more news about his infidelty on practically every news channel. My, how the mighty have fallen...or has he? Much of society seems to reward this behavior. I was having a heart-to-heart with my best friend tonight, and expressed to him my disgust for how this sort of thing seems to be the norm these days. What is wrong with this world? Am I in the twilight zone? What happened to staying true to one person and being trustworthy? Perhaps I'm just old fashioned...

Or perhaps more people need to stand up to this backwards, cowardly, dishonest and disgraceful behavior. Maybe too many people pacify and tolerate this behavior because they don't have the testicular verility to demand the respect they deserve. I'm not saying you should walk around bitter with a chip on your shoulder. You should forgive and move on with your life. However, don't turn a blind eye. It doesn't mean you have to put yourself back in the same position you were in where you were betrayed or hurt.

I must admit I am writing this blog as a sense of therapy. I am saying all this to myself as I write this for others. As much as I wonder sometimes, I still have faith in humankind and believe there are decent people out there with good intentions. I just pray their hearts don't become callused from the hurt and experiences in this adventure we call "life".

No comments:

Post a Comment